Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
farming (also known as vertical farming) is a new form of growing
crops. As our world population is growing, and more and more people are
living in cities, water, arable land and energy are scarce. Furthermore,
consumers demand safe and healthy food with a good taste and
sustainably grown. Modern high tech horticulture can contribute to
fulfill the needs and meet the challenges of society. Vertical farms
grow food safely, without daylight and with a minimum use of space,
water and energy, almost anywhere: in an empty building, in or close to a
city, even in a desert. In addition to growing food crops, vertical
farming can also be used for applications like young plant production
Philips Lighting is a leader in LED growth lighting for Horticulture, and is building up its business as a global leader in Vertical Farming. Philips Lighting has developed a strong basis in Light Recipes, optimizing the light spectrum, level, position and timing for specific crops and conditions. This results in better and sustainable yields and enhanced food quality.
Philips Lighting is expanding that position in its City Farming efforts. Working with leading knowledge partners around the world and supported by its GrowWise Center in Eindhoven as well as it partnership in Brightbox in Venlo, Philips Lighting is developing its position in vertical farming for technology as well as for understanding how to best grow crops indoor. Philips Lighting provides, together with partners, solutions to customers who want to develop and build a vertical farm. This integrated solution-oriented partner approach, including related services, enables Philips Lighting’s position as driving force behind the development of this new industry.
For more information, please visit the Philips Horticulture LED Solutions webpage, or our YouTube-channel.
Plant Specialist City Farming
Your ChallengeAs Plant Specialist City Farming, your role is to conduct practical research to developing (light) recipes to further increase Philips Lighting’s knowledge and solutions on closed environment horticulture. You will play a major role in conducting growth trials and become a trusted and knowledgeable advisor in City Farming, working closely with customers and partners.
- Conducting trials and recipe research in GrowWise and Brightbox according to agreed protocols
- Ensure both GrowWise and BrightBox are up to Philips standards in terms of appearance (cleanness, plant quality) and representation, and make sure all protocols are followed.
- Practical research through study and interaction with your peers around the world
- Share knowledge internally with colleagues and externally with (prospective) customers, by means of presentations, work updates, building recipes
- Support commercial research for customers as well as regional business development plans and the Philips Horti recipe roadmap
- Stay up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in City Farming by joining seminars, reading internet publications, attending fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
- Provide input to development and marketing on new opportunities for Philips Horticulture
Your TeamYou will be part of a dynamic, forward-driven and ambitious team of Plant Experts and Technical, Marketing and Project professionals. You report to the Global Director City Farming in the Philips Horticulture LED Solutions team. You are based in Eindhoven (Netherlands).
What we are looking forCandidates who share our passion to improve people’s lives. To be successful in this role, you have:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree in Horticulture, with a solid background in plant physiology and the impact of the environment on growth performance
- Experience of growing in vertical farms is desirable
- A structured way of working
- A pragmatic and realistic approach towards experimental research
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Conscientious and good team spirit, pro-active, self-motivated
- Business acumen with focus on End User & Segment needs
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both orally and written
welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great
opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary;
- Variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive tools to drive your career, like a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Solid company pension scheme;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products at a discount;
- 25 days of leave; possibility to purchase up to 20 additional days off annually.
Recruitment processJoin the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today.
If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 267914.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by two business interview rounds.
Please note that for this vacancy you need to be living in the Netherlands (or close to the Dutch border) .