Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
PanAmerican Seed Co.
PanAmerican Seed Company, a division of Ball Horticultural Company, is a leading developer of ornamental plants and innovative vegetable varieties. The company is looking for a General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables Unit, at our Elburn, Illinois location to lead this groundbreaking new business development effort.
In the role of General Manager, Vegetable Group, your key responsibilities will be to lead the HandPicked Vegetable business unit in establishing strategy and direction to accomplish business objectives. This position will manage staff to anticipate market needs, develop new revenue streams and customers, and ensure that efforts and assets are directed appropriately. This critical position reports to the President of PanAmerican Seed Co.
- Responsible for overall profits and losses of HandPicked business unit. Develop strategic plan by studying technology, market and financial opportunities. Accomplish subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocate resources; monitor progress; make mid-course corrections.
- Responsible for successful product launches, sales and multi-channel marketing;
- Develop and manage capital/operating budgets for vegetable business and external collaborators;
- Develop and execute a staffing plan that expands capabilities in the vegetable business unit to cover all necessary functions, including marketing, product development, sales, operations/production support, etc.
- Initiate and develop international sales through strategic customer and partner relationships;
- Lead the group in the development and execution of current and future projects consistent with corporate objectives.
- In collaboration with the sales function, develop pricing and discount structures and details to maximize revenues;
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees while enforcing ethical business practices.
- Understand and utilize all corporate resources available;
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, Business or related field and a minimum of 10 years’ sustained career progression (including but not limited to: project management, team management, breeding strategy, sales, new product development and related operations/functions);
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory management.
- Approximately 30-40% domestic and international travel will be required.