Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Business Development Manager Horticulture LED CEE/Russia
Netherlands - Remote Based
Moscow - MEBE
As the world’s leader in Lighting, Philips Lighting is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips Lighting provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips Lighting is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Philips Lighting has been leading in growth lighting for Horticulture for many years. Today’s business is supplying LED solutions for growers. With LED solutions, growth light can be tuned exactly to the crop and its environment, which is the fundament for our ‘light recipe approach’. The primary scope is greenhouses in Europe, with focus on the Netherlands and North America. LED solutions are potentially sold all over the world for example to research institutions and growers of young plants, vegetables, fruits and flowers.
As a Business Development Manager, you contribute to the success of Philips Lighting Horticulture LED Solutions by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting solution for plant growing practices in floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, and with focus on Eastern Europe and mainly in Russia.
You are responsible to build a network of growers in your region. This includes relationship building with customers and with installation partners or greenhouse builders. You will travel to customers/ projects in your region regularly. This role reports to the European Sales Director Horticulture.
This role is part of the East European Sales Team. For this specific position, the objective is to keep the leading position of Philips Lighting in Horticulture.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
- You are responsible for understanding the needs of the growers and translating these needs to a customized offer, including business-case / TCO calculations.
- To the internal Horticulture team you are the voice of the customer and you will coordinate all activities related to your customers, especially building and developing the use of LED in the Vegetables and Floriculture market.
- Realize the sales process from the initial request to closing the deal.
- Maintain customer profile data/status and expectations.
- Manage / train Partners to develop the market.
- Build relationships with knowledgeable Partners and key-influencers.
- Represent Philips Lighting Horticultural LED Solutions-business at trade fairs and other events.
New trends and innovation
- Keep up to date with developments and interests in the lighting-market but also on general developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, online newsletters, trade fairs, participating in projects with other companies / Partners etc.
- Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Philips Lighting Horticulture.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Enables long term profitable growth through selling Philips Lighting Horticulture LED Solutions in Floriculture.
- Provides input and co-develops the LED-greenhouse marketing strategy and is responsible for developing and implementing sales tactics.
- Drives, owns and maintains the Floriculture+ Vegetable segments in your region, including the innovation funnel and its propositions (fueled by insights and needs) and contributes thus to the Philips Lighting Horticulture LED Solutions roadmap, managed by the Marketing Managers.
- Leads the Market Introduction team in market introductions relevant to your region, coordinates the introduction efforts of Sales, Marcom, Product Management, Plant Specialists, and Application Engineering and provides the Sales team with the relevant tools for successful introduction (business case tools, sales deck etc.).
- Actively engages in the greenhouse-networks to truly understand growers and stakeholders.
- Shares and deploys regional cross-learning of best practices.
- Identifies and initiates partnership targets in line with strategy.
- Coordinates all Floriculture efforts in the Horticulture team.
- Represents Philips Lighting externally, for example at trade fairs, seminars etc.
We are looking for:
Candidates who share our passion to improve people’s live. Our ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree (preferably in Horticulture).
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the (related) greenhouse production market, consultancy or research, preferably with Highwire, Phalaenopsis and cut flowers.
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Knowledge of lighting is an advantage.
- Committed, result driven, no nonsense & to-the-point mentality.
- Fluent in Russian and English, preferably also fluent in German/Dutch.
- Good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active.
- You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable of working in a very autonomous way
We offer you the opportunity to work for the #1 lighting organization. We’ll reward you with an attractive compensation package and the chance to stretch yourself further. Show us your energy, your creativity and your sound professional judgment, and we’ll match these with educational and other opportunities within a dynamic, international setting.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- Depending on experience, we offer you a market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually.
- A substantial variable bonus based on both Philips Lighting results and personal performance.
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching.
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package.
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount.
- Healthy work-life balance.
Join the leading lighting company for the digital world, and help us unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world. Be a game changer. Be Philips Lighting. Apply today. If you are interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site.
As we have no closing date set we urge you to apply as soon as possible!
After a pre-selection process you can receive an invite for a phone interview by the Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by a (face-to-face) business interview round. The interviews will take place in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
Do you want to discover what Life at Philips Lighting is all about? Watch our video to learn more and hear about our inspiring vision as the global leader in lighting, the impact our employees have working on lighting innovations that transform the world and our unique culture. What will be your impact?