Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
Grower Manager – Climate & Nutrition
Salary:£Competitive package (depending on experience)
Our client is a FTSE listed major food business that has diversified extensively over recent years. This particular business unit located in north Cambridgeshire is testament to that. A very high-tech Horticultural unit producing non-food crops for specialist industry.
Due to a recent developments, there is now a vacancy for a growing manager focusing specifically on climate and nutrition.
To work closely with the Glasshouse Manager to ensure optimal growth conditions are maintained throughout the growing season using the available resources to deliver yields at the highest level and quality. To be fully accountable for all nutrition & climate set points including venting, CO2 and energy saving systems and operational instructions for maximising yield and quality whilst ensuring the Company SHE standards are maintained. To build effective relationships with the Customer’s in house growing team striving for continual improvement of yield.
- Knowledge of modern growing systems.
- 5yrs hands on experience of growing horticultural crops intensively on a commercial scale.
- Experience and knowledge of effectively controlling common pest and diseases of horticultural crops without hard chemicals.
- Minimum of 2yr hands on experience of environmental control software applications.
- Strong leadership and communication with clear instructions and goals.
- Teamwork and relationship skills.
- PA1 + PA6 Safe Use of Pesticides.
- Formal Horticultural qualifications.
For a discrete chat about this opportunity, please give Ian Reed a call on +44 1284 715055