Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Crop Manager required for a highly innovative international Grower – Senegal
Job type:General Management
Skills required:General Management / Planning / Operations / Growing
Salary:Highly competitive plus commission/bonus/accommodation
Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Our client is truly unique as they are one of the few vertically integrated grower-to-marketing organisations operating in the UK, Europe and Africa. They manage the entire fresh produce process from seed to shelf; via growing through to production and then the marketing. The company is at its heart, a family business with very strong values for its people, its customers and its suppliers, as well as enormous respect for the environment and nature.
Due to increased current growth and future growth plans, they are seeking a highly progressive Crop Manager for their large farming enterprise in West Africa. The established business consists of circa 1500 irrigated hectares covering a select range of high value veg cropping.
Reporting into the Operations Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for all of the farm operations including planting, harvesting, irrigation as well as involvement with the packing operation as well at their extensive packing factory. The role offers a great deal of autonomy for the right individual with an excellent opportunity to be part of growing business and taken it through to its next strategic stage.
As you would expect, to be successful candidate in such a role, you will be reliable, trustworthy, conscientious, self-motivated and still be prepared to be a “hands on” practical Crop Manager when required.
What we want to see:
A broad understanding and background of practical farm management including veg and fresh produce ideally .
The ability to make decisions and delegate accordingly.
Numerate and IT literate.
Health and Safety literate.
Ability to work in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
An enthusiastic and flexible team player with good interpersonal skills.
Potential ability to speak other EU languages especially French would be very advantageous.
Our client is offering a great package plus bonus, accommodation and vehicle for the right individual.
To have this type of exposure with this hugely progressive business in the African environment cannot be underestimated. With your 3-5 year+ experience of growing will enable you to flourish with this opportunity that is for sure!
To find out more, please apply today via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 01284 715055 quoting ref: 4558M