Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Great Lakes Greenhouses is a large greenhouse operation in Leamington, Ontario and an industry leader in innovation that is currently seeking a full-time Entomologist that can aid in the development and implementation of rearing protocols for the production of beneficial insects used in the greenhouse industry.
- BS in entomology, biology, or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of and experience with scientific experimental design and statistical analysis
- Ability to independently identify and establish rearing protocols for select beneficial insects used onsite in our growing operation
- Ability to correct problems and scale capacity in rearing procedures to accommodate internal beneficial insect production demands
- Conduct research and literature reviews to study insect biology, behaviour and management.
- Collect specimens and manage specimen banks.
- MS/PhD in entomology, biology, or related field
- Experience in designing and/or rearing beneficial insects that are used in greenhouse growing environments
- Plant biology (suggested): 1 year
- Entomology (suggested): 1 year
- Agriculture (suggested): 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
If interested in this role please call 519 326 7589 ask for James or email resume to email@example.com