Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Fruit is located in the beautiful Creston Valley of British Columbia, Canada. Established in 2002, Global Fruit markets the finest Canadian Cherries grown in the Okanagan and Creston Valleys of British Columbia to Asia, UK, Europe and to the United States. We only market export quality fruit. We work directly with some of the finest growers in Canada to provide the freshest solution for your Cherry needs.
We understand the balance of the marketing needs of the grower and fulfilling the quality requirements of the importer. There is a tremendous demand around the globe for the high quality late season Cherries that British Columbia is famous for, and our goal is to present customers with our very best anywhere in the world every time. At Global Fruit, our customers can be assured that we are committed to safe and ethical practices that will provide quality fruit for generations. It is no secret that Canadian Cherries are the finest in the world. Grown in the interior of British Columbia, these Cherries boast some of the highest Brix (sugar) content on the planet. This beautiful area is blessed with the best climate for Cherries. Our warm days and cool nights extend the growing season and produce amazing size. Our water is pure, crystal clear and abundant.
Most of our export varieties of Cherries were cultivated and developed right here in British Columbia at the Summerland Research Station in Summerland, BC. Distinctively beginning with the letter S, the Skeena, Sweetheart, Satin, Staccato, Sovereign and the Sentennial were all propagated to be a perfect match for our perfect climate.
Growing Cherries is our passion. Our orchards are small intimate affairs ranging in size from 4-250+ acres. Our growers live amongst their trees and work hands on in all aspects of the operation. We do not have the "factory farms" that dominate other parts of the globe. Our focus is quality not quantity. Our goal is to produce a large, perfect cherry, loaded with goodness every time.
This position will be based in Kelowna, BC however through training period time in the main office in Creston BC will be necessary. During the off season a flexible base can be discussed.
- This position involves daily sales during the harvest season, and market and strategy development during the off-season.
- Source new clients, follow up on inquiries, prepare paperwork
- Receive requests for quotations, orders, and lead times from customers. Make quotations on standard products, write orders, and relay pertinent order information to customers
- Coordinate with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing service to customers
- Achieve and maintain rapport with customers and work to give them the best possible service
- Maintain files of active orders
- Provide Weekly Progress Reports to management
- Valid passport necessary as international travel is required
- Strong customer service and marketing skills
- Sound knowledge of proven sales processes
- A thorough understanding of North American Retail Operations
- A proven track record in increasing sales and finding new accounts
- Experience preferred in fruit sales with established customer base preferred (Cherries, Apples, Blueberries)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple urgent tasks
- Excellent communications skills - written, verbal, interpersonal
- A positive, professional attitude with the ability to take initiative on processes outside of the defined job scope, including motivation to research and provide proactive solutions to management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated skills to handle a variety of multiple accounts simultaneously
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Display a high level of effort and commitment toward performing work, with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Ability to form good working relationships with team members
- Ability to plan your work, set priorities and determine resource requirements necessary to complete tasks