Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocado Industry Data Analyst
• Full time role, Brisbane based - Woolloongabba
• Be part of one of the most exciting and progressive horticulture industries in Australia
• Opportunity to be help drive the development of the Australian avocado industry through excellent data analysis and reporting
• Enjoy a mix of office and field based work with various stakeholders
About the role
As part of a small dedicated Avocados Australia team, drive the ongoing development and implementation of the industry data systems.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage the well-established and highly valued seasonal avocado product dispatch and forecast reporting system (Infocado)
• Manage and further develop the avocado industry strategic information system
• Undertake industry data analysis to identify trends and produce short, medium and long term production forecasts
• Develop and manage a global avocado trade data analysis and reporting system
• Develop annual industry status reports
About Avocados Australia
Avocados Australia Limited is the representative industry body for the Australian avocado industry. We provide a range of services to our members and the broader industry to foster growth and development. We are a not-for-profit member-based organisation with members comprising avocado growers, associated businesses and industry people.
We have a strong reputation for providing high quality industry data and information for our stakeholders. This position provides a critical role which is highly regarded by our stakeholders.
Avocados Australia works with all parts of the supply chain, from production through to the consumer. We run a number of programs to support the industry including: collection analysis and reporting of supply chain data, industry communications, export development and biosecurity and we provide an important advocacy role for industry. We work with Horticulture Innovation Australia Limited to ensure the industry levy funded Research and Development and Marketing programs for the Australian avocado industry are well directed and responsive to industry needs.
What’s in it for you?
The Australian avocado industry is very data driven and its successful position in Australian horticulture has been supported by high quality data provided through Avocados Australia.
• Work in very progressive industry, producing a much loved product
• Full –time employment with some flexibility of work hours
• Manage an industry information system which is highly valued by industry stakeholders
• Opportunity to make your mark – implement improvements to our well-established systems and develop new data systems for industry
• Work in a small and very supporting team environment
• Competitive salary, commensurate with responsibilities
• Great location
To enquire further and receive a full Position Description, please contact Maree Tyrrell at email@example.com . Applications for this position will close at 4pm AEST Wednesday 26 April 2017.