Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Plant breeder or molecular biologist to work with plant development
Danish Technological Institute
The Danish Technological Institute in Taastrup currently has a vacancy for a plant geneticist or molecular biologist to work at its Biotechnological Service Laboratory. The successful applicant will play a key role in helping Danish companies to develop the plants and plant-based solution of tomorrow.
New plants with new purposes
In close collaboration with customers and colleagues, you will be charged with developing plant-breeding and molecular biology programmes with a view to creating results that can help our customers develop and improve new products. Proactive contact with customers and consultancy work will also be included in your work.
Specifically, your assignments will include:
- Non-GMO transformation of various potted plants
- Challenging hybridisation of plants
- Breeding with an aim to developing high-value bio-resources in plants
- Maintaining existing and creating new customers and opportunities
- Cultivating project opportunities, assisting in tender preparation and managing new projects
Plant geneticist who thrives with diversity
We welcome all applications from individuals who have a relevant background as a horticulturalist, agronomist or molecular biologist – particularly to PhD level. Applicants must also have practical experience with entire plants and plant breeding.
On a personal level, the position calls for an individual with a key focus on co-operation – where the end result is of highest priority. You should be good at going into detail and prefer to base your decisions on well-documented data. Working within a busy organisation where you contribute to the development process should be also something with which you are comfortable.
Plant Technology is a centre within the Danish Technological Institute with a staff of 15. Our primarily focus areas are research and development projects, innovation and advisory/consultation services within the area of plants and plant-based bio-resources. Our broad scope of activities range from participating in multiple large research projects to undertaking smaller commercial assignments. We have assignments in the following areas: greenhouse technology, plant pathology and health, plant quality, growing technology, storage conditions, urban horticulture etc. We deal with all forms of plants from edible plants, medicinal plants and ornamental plants to algae and mosses.
Should you require further information regarding this position, please contact Jesper Mazanti Aaslyng on (+45) 7220 3444
Please note that as we will be holding interviews on an ongoing basis, we would encourage you to send us your application as soon as possible – and no later than May 5, 2017.