Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
Job type: OperationsDuration:Permanent
Skills required:Operations / Logistics and Distribution / Supply
Chain Qualifications: HND / Degree
Sector: Fresh Produce / Horticulture
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits and bonus
Horticulture and Kenya go hand in hand as we all know. It then just takes an exceptional business and an exceptional group of people to create success from success…and this is definitely our client. They have consistently maintained the highest quality standards; employing highly skilled staff and adopting state of the art technology. They constantly evolve their production processes, using top ranking local and international suppliers hence producing and delivering the highest possible quality products.
As they move forward with various new international customer “wins” the time has now come for them to increase their select team with a key individual as their key Post-Harvest Senior Manager.
They are very flexible in who they source for the role, that they could be “in country” now or wishing to relocate to Africa and they could be already involved in horticulture or not. The cultural fit is more key as is the ability to bring ongoing results to the business and the team in the operational aspects.
As Post-Harvest Senior Manager, you will major on the various key aspects of the role including:
- Operationally, being a pivotal link point with the grower base all the way through to the end customers
- Running all of the packing operations and looking at ways to increase efficiencies across the board whilst improving performance through IT innovation and training and development of all of our teams.
- Being heavily ensconced in the supply chain and logistics elements.
- Full understanding of lean manufacturing and ideally with a background of Kaizen manufacturing.
- Excellent leadership skills of large and diverse workforces.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- The ability to bring real value to the current Board members on an ongoing basis.
- This is a great role with a great business.
To find out more please apply via this website or call Max MacGillivray on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting ref number 4589M for more information.