Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Master Grower/ Horticulturalist - Canada
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Founded in 2015 in Nova Scotia, GoodLeaf Farms, a subsidiary of TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd., uses innovative vertical farming technology to produce ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment. Our mission is to grow delicious leafy greens, hand-pack them at their peak freshness, and get them on our customers’ plates within hours of harvesting. By producing our greens inside, we eliminate the need for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
GoodLeaf is currently seeking a Master Grower/ Horticulturalist to assist in leading the research and development component of our farm in our new one-of-a-kind indoor vertical farming facility in Guelph, Ontario. Reporting to the General Manager and Chief Product Officer, the successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to be one of first people on the ground at the new facility to aid in growing operations, from determining harvesting plans, to providing technical support on the overall atmosphere in the facility in relation to lighting, water, and nutrients for maximum crop growth.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- General growing responsibilities at the farm, including seeding, transplanting, and harvesting
- Monitoring plant growth and health, including collecting and analyzing data from harvesting and test crops
- Managing food/crop safety testing and following appropriate procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations
- Helping determine harvesting plans, lighting scheduling, and cleaning scheduling
- Assisting with the maintenance of the farm and providing technical advice on atmosphere controls, lighting systems, water and nutrient controls
- Reviewing and maintaining records of growing operations
- Acting as technical support for growing staff and Farm Manager in Ontario, as well as the facility in Nova Scotia
- MSc. in Plant Science or Horticultural Science (alternatively, BSc. with equivalent experience)
- 2 to 5 years of experience working in commercial greenhouse/indoor production facilities
- Experience and knowledge of hydroponic, aeroponic or similar production systems production systems
- Thorough understanding and practical experience in indoor growing environments, including atmosphere controls, lighting systems, water and nutrient controls
- Experience in the development and implementation of greenhouse/indoor farming crop production plans
- Thorough understanding of plant nutrition, physiology, and protection in relation to indoor growing environments
- Knowledge of quality assurance systems procedures related to food safety
- Experience in multi-tiered, LED-based indoor growing environments considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For more information, please visit our website at www.goodleaffarms.com.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.