Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Technical Manager – Job Description
This is a senior technical role that is based at the Meiosis office in East Malling, Kent, the individual will report to the CEO. The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves the technical objectives of Meiosis and the parent company the Nuclear Stock Association (NSA), the Meiosis business being primarily involved in soft fruit variety licensing and the NSA business focused
on high health mother plant maintenance and propagation. The activities of both Meiosis and the NSA support fruit breeders and propagators, it is envisaged that the two companies will become increasingly integrated. Both the Meiosis and NSA businesses are based in the UK, with Meiosis operating more internationally.
Key aspects of the role are listed below:
- Managing the supply of trial plant material, interfacing with research institutes and
- breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Liaising with and periodically visiting trial sites to monitor performance.
- Receiving and evaluating trial data, compiling summary reports.
- Good presentation skills.
- Liaison with retail customers.
- Assisting with auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Language skills would be an advantage.
- It is envisaged that the successful applicant will understand and be involved in the
- administration of the Plant Health Propagation Scheme (PHPS).
- Responsible for the high health propagation and plant order requirements.
- Arranging and monitoring the Trueness-To-Type trials.
- Overseeing various NSA matters, including contracts and plant/tip orders.
- Experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
- Frequent overseas travel.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
For more information:
BRADBOURNE HOUSE, STABLE BLOCK
EAST MALLING, KENT ME19 6DZ, UK
Tel: +44 1732 872 711
Fax: +44 1732 872 712