- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue
- Earlier strawberry crop and year-round production with LED toplighting
- Taiwan: A greenhouse as a home
- Ohio: Grower meeting on using bio-pesticides and bio-controls
- CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
Top 5 -last week
Eurasian horticulture demands advanced supplies; BenimPlast increases business
BenimPlast' Elya Madambekova and Mustafa Sert during the GreenTech in Amsterdam.
It required many efforts before Mustafa Sert was able to convince the Turkish growers about the advantages of better supplies. His company Benimtex initially was founded as a producer of agricultural textiles, and since 2006 it started importing products for the greenhouse industry from leading manufacturers. "By that time, the Turkish greenhouse industry was already well developed and we knew many farmers from our textile business. We saw a chance to serve these customers with all round supplies like truss supporting systems, shade nets, greenhouse films and plastics, irrigation tape, drippers, etc. As the next step, we started to support the growers with additional consulting and information on improving their production outputs.
In the beginning, part of the range was imported and another part was manufactured by BenimPlast, as stated by Mustafa Sert, owner of the company, “we joined with successful partners and became a more powerful player in the market, using new technologies and methods developed in countries like Japan, Mexico, USA and Canada.”
Nowadays Benimplast /Benimtex is one of the most popular suppliers for the Turkish greenhouse growers; amongst their clientèle are Turkey’s largest greenhouse growers. "In this industry there is fierce competition with many players on the market. There are many products from abroad, but in Turkey we are one of the most popular companies as we are local. We know our customers and they know us, we are familiar with the culture and the industry habits, like dealing with after sales and support; we believe that this is a key factor to our success."
Besides Turkey, Benimplast is also paving the way for successful advanced horticulture outside it's home country. "We are increasingly active in surrounding countries such as Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Belarus. We have local staff in these countries that support and inform the growers about our products. Next to this, being the exclusive partner for Riococo coir substrate in Eurasia has brought us many new clients. We managed to introduce Riococo’s top notch substrate combinations that were developed in USA and Japan to our clients successfully. Riococo is an ISO 9001:2008 company, and our focus is to introduce their range of high quality substrate products to our clients.”
Mustafa Sert of BenimPlast together with Shan Halamba of Riococo
"Our customers are very satisfied about the highest quality growing substrate from Riococo. Majority of the new growers managed to increase their tomato yield per square meter from 47 to 60 kilos", Mustafa Sert said. "The growers share this great news with their fellow colleagues in the local industries; the success story is spreading like wild fire and our customer portfolio is expanding rapidly. "
With the help of local staff and sales persons, main targets for the firm are to continue providing an excellent service and really high quality products. “Gaining the growers trust is essential for us, so the quality of our service is of paramount importance and we consequently aim to become one of Eurasia’s best companies,” Mustafa Sert concludes.
For more information about Riococo Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Cotton wool mats used to grow microgreens
- 10/09/2018 BVB Substrates joins forces with Kekkilä
- 10/08/2018 "Producing more with less water and nutrients"
- 10/04/2018 "Better distribution of water throughout the day"
- 10/03/2018 “Enriched substrates make plants more resistant”
- 10/03/2018 "Seaweed could be key to lower nutrient and water use in horticulture"
- 10/02/2018 Grodan opens its first production facility in Russia
- 09/27/2018 "Wood fiber blends offer increased sustainability"
- 09/26/2018 Coir supplier celebrates 3 decades in business at CGC
- 09/21/2018 "Many suppliers can bring you coco, only a few can bring you a product consistent and uniform"
- 09/19/2018 "Brown Grow Quality Products Continues to Reach Customers"
- 09/17/2018 Australia: Coir waste management for hydroponics in berries
- 09/12/2018 UK: Summer’s drought spurs on efforts to reduce peat use
- 08/30/2018 Oboya receives several orders on substrates in China
- 08/15/2018 New Kenyan coco peat producer sources locally
- 08/07/2018 First RPP labelled growing media on the market
- 08/07/2018 Horticubes retail packs suitable for growers big and small
- 07/20/2018 Small amount of zinc essential for formation of growth substance of the plant
- 07/13/2018 Commercial growers get new wood fiber option
- 07/05/2018 Response of bell pepper to cultivation in coconut fiber or soil