Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
targets higher yields in summer with high end technology and growing media:
Turkish grower Semay Akas goes for a perfect startThe newly commenced greenhouse project of Semay Tarim in Afyon, Turkey, has recently planted it's new crop in it's high tech greenhouse. The greenhouses of Semay are owned and operated by the same group as the Akas greenhouse in Afyon, with Mrs. Alev Semker as head of the project. Together with greenhouse consultant Dr. Alper Besiroglu, Mrs Semker emphasized the use of sustainable Riococo BenimPlast coir slabs and propagation blocks; the 7-8 cm rooting from starter blocks into growbags was done within 3-4 days.
The SEMAY greenhouse is built with the same technology as AKAS greenhouse. It is spread in a 103,000 m2 area and planned to be completed in two phases. The first phase of this project is 58,000 m2. Right after the first phase, the construction of the second phase will start, which is planned for 2015. More information about the groups targets can be found at their website: www.semayakas.com
"We chose Riococo growing substrate because we want to benefit from it's highly efficient aeration and high water holding capacity," said Dr. Alper. "In this order we can have optimal control of the crop and target higher yields during the summer months. "This is also why we chose to use the Riococo starter blocks instead of traditional rockwool. The coir blocks are not only more sustainable, but they also are a perfect combination with the coir slabs; it gives you the perfect start."
The project in Afyon was a result of a close cooperation with Riococo's exclusive distributor for Eurasia: Benimplast. Mustafa Sert of Benimplast is responsible for the consultation, customer relations and distribution of Riococo. "We wish the growers of Semay Akas prosperity and many successful seasons," he added.
For more information about Riococo Benimplast:
Benimtex / Benimplast
Direct contact with Riococo:
Other news in this sector: