Job offersmore »
- Agent d’assurance en France
- Propagation Grower (Delta, BC)
- EXPORT AREA MANAGER NORTH WEST EUROPE
- Farm Manager - France
- Customer oriented Technical representative North America
- Agriculture Consultant - Vietnam
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
- Horticulture instructors - Canada
- Sales & Supply Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Ireland: Tomato plants ‘converted’ themselves’ into cannabis (1)
- Colombian flower growers working hard on reputation (1)
- Mildew prevention in lettuce culture with Intra Hydrocare (1)
- Exclusive deal Village Farms and Florida Organic Farms (1)
- Bahamas receives Aquaponics Training Seminar (1)
- Kenya: Innovations galore at Eldoret show, as greenhouse 'fish ponds' wow visitors (3)
- HortiMaX launches MultiMa 2015 and Synopta 4 (1)
- First volumes of big sweet winter strawberries (1)
- US: Deadline for AFE Scholarships fast approaching (4)
- Priva and UrbanFarmers to build rooftop farm on former Philips factory (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Big fraud investigation in Dutch flower industry
- $9 billion potential of Indoor Agriculture Industry
- AU: Faber Greenhouses builds 2 hectares in less than 2 minutes!
- Thailand: Many hydroponic lettuce, but low technology dominates
- "DR0141TX perfect rootstock for cultivation in our Ultra Clima greenhouse"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Project ‘Wittenberg Gemüse GmbH’ started by VB Climate
Germany: 15 hectare greenhouse to be heated with waste heatIn 2012 VB Climate, member of VB Group, got the order of Agri4U BV for the heating of a greenhouse project of 15 Ha. in Wittenberg in Germany for the newly-built greenhouses of ‘Pieter van Gog Gemüse GmbH’ and ‘Wichard Schrieks Gemüse GmbH’. Because of a delay in obtaining the necessary permits, the start of the project has been delayed until spring 2013.
The greenhouse project will be heated by the waste heat of an ammonia power station, which is situated close to this greenhouse project. This ammonia power station supplies waste heat with a temperature of 62 ºC. To transport this waste heat from the power station to the greenhouse, VB Climate is constructing an in-ground pre-isolated steel transport pipe network with a diameter of 610 mm. The ammonia power station also supplies CO2, which is available in a 100% pure form and will be supplied through a PE-transport pipe to the greenhouse.
At this moment all underground transport pipes have been welded; from the factory to the greenhouses but also in the greenhouse itself. In the greenhouse a tube rail- and a grow pipe-installation will be made. These heating installations are designed in such a way that the available waste heat will be cooled down as much as possible. In the energy center a back-up boiler will be installed. In case of possible problem in the supply of heat from the power station this back-up boiler will provide the greenhouse with heat. In the energy center also a distributing unit (big manifolds) will be installed, that is prepared for future expansions.
Would you like to have more information about this project, you can contact Marco de Bruijne of VB Climate through +31 174 522 222 or email@example.com . See also our website: www.vb-climate.com
Publication date: 2/12/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.