Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gritt's Greenhouse featured in WOWKTV broadcast:
US (WV): Gritt's Greenhouse avoids tap water during crisisRecently West Virginia's Gritt' Greenhouse was featured in a news-report from WOWKTV.com.At Gritt's Greenhouse in Putnam County, water is an essential part of business. They grow hydroponic tomatoes and other produce that is served in schools and sold in area grocery stores.
Gritt's provides tomatoes and lettuce to schools in nearby communities through the Farm to School program. When the water crisis started school nutrition leaders and parents had some difficult questions.
Friday Gritt's will ship the first bunch of lettuce out to schools since the water crisis started. Goff said the lettuce and tomatoes did not come into contact with the contaminated water. She said a 10,000 gallon tank was filled the night before the do not use order was issued. As soon as the order was issued they turned off the main water valve leading to the facility.
Gritt's is a high end nursery that uses many modern technology and hydroponics. In the video you can see a state of the art greenhouse with gutter systems, Priva technology and Riococo coir substrate.
Click here for the complete article at WOWKTV.com
Publication date: 3/14/2014
Other news in this sector: