- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Windset Farms wins the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014
Over 200 horticultural representatives attended the Tomato Inspiration Event today in Berlin. Amongst them the top 80 tomato growers in the world. Five of them were nominated as world’s best tomato grower in marketing and sales, being Agricola El Rosal from Mexico, GreenCo from the Netherlands, Mastronardi/Sunset from Canada, Red Star from the Netherlands and Windset Farms from Canada. A professional jury chose Windset Farms as overall winner of the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014.
Windset Farms was awarded for their outstanding performance in marketing and sales. Windset Farms owns growing operations with a total acreage of approximately 267 hectares in the greater Vancouver area in Canada, Las Vegas, Nevada and Santa Maria, California in the US and in Mexico. The company also contracts growers in North America, Europe and New Zealand. It grows red and yellow grape, campari and cocktail, roma, tomato on the vine, beefsteak, and heirloom tomatoes. In addition it also grows various types of peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and strawberries. Meiny Prins, CEO of Priva, presented the award to Windset Farms.
The Tomato Inspiration Event is an annual initiative of HortiBiz. The first event has been supported by eight partners: Bayer CropScience, Saint-Gobain Cultilene, GreenQ/DLV Plant, Koppert Biological Systems, Nunhems, Priva, Revaho and Svensson. Together they invited the top 100 tomato growers in the world to meet in Berlin, from which 80% have accepted the invitation. Over 200 people attended the event, including growers, speakers, partners and press. The event enables prominent tomato companies to meet and inspire each other and raise the sector to an even higher level.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Aphria announces promotion of Jakob Ripshtein to President
- 2018-11-12 Two new chef-inspired salad kit varieties introduced
- 2018-11-12 US: UnitedAg expands service hours
- 2018-11-12 Canadian middleman swindles Gakon out of 550,000 euros
- 2018-11-09 "There are so many ways to supply fruit and veg these days"
- 2018-11-09 Canadian produce industry hosts meetings with Parliamentarians
- 2018-11-09 US (VA): Premier Tech invests in Horticulture and Agriculture Group plant
- 2018-11-09 Verdesian grows in Latin America with new local experts
- 2018-11-09 "Hospitality industry and processors make good use of Intense plum tomatoes"
- 2018-11-09 Durell Strouse joins California hydroponic herb grower
- 2018-11-09 Higher sales, operational loss for Hawthorne following Sunlight Supply acquisition
- 2018-11-08 The Twitter courgette
- 2018-11-08 UK: Aldi to donate leftover festive food on Christmas Eve
- 2018-11-08 Nominations now being accepted for 2019 Retail Produce Manager Awards Program
- 2018-11-08 Landgard opens new modern warehousing and logistics center
- 2018-11-08 UK: Russell IPM receives Queen's Award for enterprise in Innovation
- 2018-11-08 Farewell to construction worker Juup Bosman after fifty years of service
- 2018-11-07 Garden centres want fresh produce, but it’s not easy
- 2018-11-06 Syngenta adds new directors to the Board
- 2018-11-06 Fortuna Frutos starts with fruit department