- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health
- Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- Russia: 10 ha climate-controlled greenhouse completed in Siberia
- Canadian grower gets green light to export MMJ to US
- US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Windset Farms wins the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014
Over 200 horticultural representatives attended the Tomato Inspiration Event today in Berlin. Amongst them the top 80 tomato growers in the world. Five of them were nominated as world’s best tomato grower in marketing and sales, being Agricola El Rosal from Mexico, GreenCo from the Netherlands, Mastronardi/Sunset from Canada, Red Star from the Netherlands and Windset Farms from Canada. A professional jury chose Windset Farms as overall winner of the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014.
Windset Farms was awarded for their outstanding performance in marketing and sales. Windset Farms owns growing operations with a total acreage of approximately 267 hectares in the greater Vancouver area in Canada, Las Vegas, Nevada and Santa Maria, California in the US and in Mexico. The company also contracts growers in North America, Europe and New Zealand. It grows red and yellow grape, campari and cocktail, roma, tomato on the vine, beefsteak, and heirloom tomatoes. In addition it also grows various types of peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and strawberries. Meiny Prins, CEO of Priva, presented the award to Windset Farms.
The Tomato Inspiration Event is an annual initiative of HortiBiz. The first event has been supported by eight partners: Bayer CropScience, Saint-Gobain Cultilene, GreenQ/DLV Plant, Koppert Biological Systems, Nunhems, Priva, Revaho and Svensson. Together they invited the top 100 tomato growers in the world to meet in Berlin, from which 80% have accepted the invitation. Over 200 people attended the event, including growers, speakers, partners and press. The event enables prominent tomato companies to meet and inspire each other and raise the sector to an even higher level.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Share Logistics expanding in Europe and The Americas
- 09/21/2018 Certis USA names Taylor Aguilera as Regional Manager-Northern California
- 09/21/2018 US (MI): Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- 09/21/2018 Belgium: Biobest receives Export Lion 2018 award
- 09/21/2018 US (OR): Fall Creek Farm & Nursery hires Matt Kramer
- 09/20/2018 Bayer outlines its vision for the future of agriculture
- 09/20/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/20/2018 Danish producer saves 75 tons of 'ugly' tomatoes
- 09/19/2018 US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- 09/19/2018 Kenya: Koppert invests in Latia training centre
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'