- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Sustainable vertical farming found to reduce CO2 outputs by 70% over other agricultural methods"
- Australia: Applethorpe research facility bears fruit for farmers
- Nils Foss Excellence Prize for Robert David Hall for plant biochemical fingerprint research
- How is the growing technique developing in China?
- Russian cucumber and gherkin production up by 14%
Top 5 -last month
- Will America's future farmers be robots?
- Top new greenhouse investment projects in Russia
- Video: Take a look inside Scotland's biggest vertical farm
- New micro boiler to remediate low cannabis yields under cool temperatures
- ‘Trio of lettuces’ concept revamped with varieties that grow at the same rate
Top 5 -last week
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statistics
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 "Make a difference, not on price, but on quality, continuity, and sustainability"
- 2018-11-20 US (GA): Vegetable growers have a new resource
- 2018-11-20 A look at one of New Zealand's biggest eggplant growers
- 2018-11-19 AU: Flavorite expansion leads to higher capsicum production
- 2018-11-19 Australian berry growers unite
- 2018-11-19 La Libellula is the first to grow ginger in Italy
- 2018-11-19 Turkey: Cucumber grower harvests 1,750 tons with government support
- 2018-11-19 Scuba company grows produce in world's first underwater farm
- 2018-11-16 US (CT): 38-year industry veteran on transition to MMJ
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-16 "Together you can translate innovation into an effective solution"
- 2018-11-15 US (CA): Making the shift from combat to crops
- 2018-11-15 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-15 "We know a lot more than we did a year ago, but for every answer we find there's three more questions popping up"
- 2018-11-14 Technological greenhouses: the winter tomato harvesting has started
- 2018-11-14 US (AZ): Copperstate Farms decreases cannabis crop cycle by 15%
- 2018-11-13 "I am not a die-hard entrepreneur, my passion is working with cucumbers"
- 2018-11-13 US (VT): Hydroponics business doubles growth in a year
- 2018-11-13 Colombian journalists discover Dutch horticulture
- 2018-11-12 CAN (ON): Organic farmer uses portable greenhouses to extend growing season