• 400 people attended this event.
• Growers representing 58 farm companies, from 23 states of Mexico.
• We had representatives from 8 countries: Mexico, United States, Canada, the Netherlands, France, United Kingdom, Chile, and Sweden.
• 50 AMHPAC sponsors owned a stand in the commercial area of the event.
• Over 60 matchmaking meetings were carried out between growers and 17 markets from the US and Canada.
General Ordinary Meeting 2018
On August 22, the General Ordinary Meeting was held. This event gathered Grower Partners and Sponsors, to which the Activity Report from the 2017-2018 period was submitted.
During the formal ceremony, the vote was in favor of Oscar Woltman being re-elected as President of the National Board of Directors for one more year, also the renewal of the board of directors for the 2018-2019 period was carried out.
This time, we welcomed our guests to the Dutch style, making a cocktail party painted with orange touches by the seashore of Iberostar Hotel private beach.
Attendees were able to say hello to friends and colleagues, with whom they would later share experiences in the commercial area, and conferences of the Annual Convention.
The event was sponsored by the Horticonnec Company, which is currently a member of our organization.
Race of Flags and 5K
The Race of Flags was held for the first time. This was an event where participant runners were representing their company by wearing a banner with the company logo. With this, it was possible to promote teamwork and coordination among the attendees. Also, the 5th Edition of the traditional 5K race was held.
This year, we had 80 people participating in the races, who shared moments of healthy cohabitation and camaraderie.
The first places in the women’s and men’s category were Alejandra Vázquez from Jiffy, and José Antonio Velázquez Zepeda from CIU, congratulations to these two for their effort.
We would like to thank the sponsors of this 5th. Edition: Rijk Zwaan, GPC, and Pharr International Bridge.
Subsequently, the opening ceremony was held. This event was attended by public officers and representatives of the following agencies: SAGARPA, State Government, FOCIR, FIRA, Ministry of Economy, ProMéxico, Financiera Nacional de Desarrollo, and CAADES.
During the opening ceremony, the delivery of the very much expected awards to outstanding members of the year was carried out:
Exemplary Partner 2018
This award was given to representatives from Centro de Producción Santa Rita S.A. de C.V., who is a Founding partner since 2009. This company has tomato and pepper production, and it was recognized for being a leader in exports, because this is one of the first AMHPAC members to export tomatoes to Japan.
This award was given to Greenhouse Produce Company, a company recognized for marketing fresh products, and managed to stand out as a participant members of the association. This company has been a part of the AMHPAC since 2013.
Friend of the AMHPAC: PROMÉXICO. It is the Federal Government body responsible for coordinating strategies aimed at strengthening Mexico´s involvement in international economy, supporting the export process, and internationalization of companies established in our country, and coordinating actions aimed at attracting foreign investment.
AMHPAC’s General Manager, Alfredo Díaz Belmontes, proudly celebrated that this Convention has involved the owners of the most important farm companies in the country, as well as representatives of the different input and service supplying companies that are part of this Organization, which meet to make decisions about the future of the Organization and the Industry.
The subjects addressed during the conferences, and the experts who lecture them were as follows:
• Aeroponics: An alternative for protected crop production in Mexico.- Prometeo Sánchez García (Colegio de Postgraduados en Ciencias Agrícolas).
• Generational transition of family companies.- Anders Ludvigson (Svensson).
• Renewable energies.- Raúl Alberto Sánchez Velásco (International consultant).
• Trends and importance of data management for a greenhouse operation.- Wil Lammers (Hortimax).
• Logistics Panel of New Markets.- Fried de Schouwer (GPC), Jaime Melendez.- (Euromonitor International). Moderator: Alfredo Díaz Belmontes (AMHPAC).
• Natural and organic: How consumers are boosting this market.- Francisco Medina (Alltech).
• Where is agriculture going in the future.- Meiny Prins (Priva International).
• Historical analysis of Mexico.- Francisco Martín Moreno (Speakers México).
Tel: +52 667 716 4740