Job offersmore »
- Sales Manager Pacific - Roermond
- Production Manager - Badajoz, Spain
- General Manager - Ethiopia
- Cultivation Manager - Ethiopia
- General Manager: Saudi Greenhouses Management & Agri Marketing Co.
- Plant Specialist with focus on Ornamentals & young plants - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist with focus on Cityfarming - Netherlands
- Head Grower Soft Fruit, USA or Spain/Portugal
- Research & Knowledge Transfer Manager - United Kingdom
- Greenhouse Grower - Ontario, Canada
Last commentsmore »
- Tiger Lily heights controlled with flurprimidol preplant bulb soaks (229)
- Canada: New loans and grants will help greenhouses access cheaper energy (32)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (8)
- Bahrain: "Big potential for horticulture, but you will need the right people and the best technology" (2)
- Geothermal Energy – a solution to the greenhouse industry (1)
- Dutch company provide jobs in Ethiopian flower industry (1)
- AU: Medical marijuana grown on Norfolk Island (1)
- Could solar-powered floating farms provide enough food for the entire world? (1)
- Australia: Learn to operate a Priva computer in just 1 day (1)
- Turkey: Umbrella greenhouse idea for developing countries (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Photo Report: Lufa Farms weekly ships 5,000 baskets with rooftop produce
- Asia: Record breaking yields for ‘Take Me Home Tomatoes’ in Thailand
- Cityblooms installs soliculture’s new breed of solar panels
- "Combination of Syngenta and Monsanto would accelerate technological innovation"
- CAAS: A closer look at the efficiency of China's immense greenhouse industry
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: New eggplant Rijk Zwaan named Rosheen RZ
The eggplant variety that was known as 10-121 RZ is now called Rosheen RZ. With Rosheen RZ, Rijk Zwaan broadens its range. This season, Rosheen RZ is cultivated on 2.5 hectares at Maatschap Moerenhout Van Gool in Oosteind. The name 'Rosheen "is the name of the daughter of company manager Richard Ten Brink.
Richard Ten Brink of Mts Moerenhout-van Gool with his daughter Rosheen among the plants named after her.
"They have made the transition from Beyoncé," says Rudy van den Berg, Crop Advisor with Rijk Zwaan Netherlands. "In terms of fruit speed they are comparable varieties. Rosheen is labour-friendly and gives a high yield. The small leaves provide an open crop, and that makes this eggplant attractive to growers. Fewer plants means less fuel costs."
Rijk Zwaan uses the next season to further test the variety.
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
F +31 174 532 163
Publication date: 12/17/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.