Job offersmore »
- Leiter Tomatenzucht - Switzerland
- Research assistant biostatistics
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- General Manager Agri-processing - East Africa
- Australia - Grower Manager
- UK: Growing Director – Wight Salads
- UK: Spanish Speaking Fresh Produce Buyer
- Research Assistant Marker Assisted Breeding Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Tomato/Cucumber Chief Grower - Kazakhstan
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Turkey: Umbrella greenhouse idea for developing countries (3)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (3)
- Spain: Tomato prices down with 167% (1)
- Kenya: World Bank to set up 295-acre model agribusiness park to boost horticultural farming (1)
- Companies explore sustainable agriculture model (1)
- Russia: Dalsem Group starts construction of 238 hectare greenhouse project in Kaluga (1)
- US (MA): Wellspring Collaborative plans worker-owned greenhouse (1)
- Australia: High-tech Greenhouses at the $288 million AgriBio Centre (1)
- Transplanting a pepper house in 2:10 minutes (1)
- June 2014: The first Greentech, 60 hectares in China and Dutch growers leave the industry (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: New eggplant Rijk Zwaan named Rosheen RZ
The eggplant variety that was known as 10-121 RZ is now called Rosheen RZ. With Rosheen RZ, Rijk Zwaan broadens its range. This season, Rosheen RZ is cultivated on 2.5 hectares at Maatschap Moerenhout Van Gool in Oosteind. The name 'Rosheen "is the name of the daughter of company manager Richard Ten Brink.
Richard Ten Brink of Mts Moerenhout-van Gool with his daughter Rosheen among the plants named after her.
"They have made the transition from Beyoncé," says Rudy van den Berg, Crop Advisor with Rijk Zwaan Netherlands. "In terms of fruit speed they are comparable varieties. Rosheen is labour-friendly and gives a high yield. The small leaves provide an open crop, and that makes this eggplant attractive to growers. Fewer plants means less fuel costs."
Rijk Zwaan uses the next season to further test the variety.
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
F +31 174 532 163
Publication date: 12/17/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.