Job offersmore »
- Grower leafy vegetables Australia
- Quality Control Manager - Netherlands
- Chief Operating Officer - Netherlands
- Operations Manager - Denver, Colorado, USA
- Nucleus Stock Employee - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Material Planner - Vineland Station, Ontario, Canada
- Sales representative - Spain
- Head of Global Marketing & Business Development - Home Counties area UK
- Assistant Grower (Supervisor) - Abbotsford, Canada
- Trainee Grower - Warragul, Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Gene for bitterness in cucumbers identified (1)
- Mexico: Dutchman runs floral greenhouse in Chiapas (1)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (5)
- Peru: "Sweety Drop peppers will become the new Cherry tomato" (3)
- US (IN): Can aquaponics thrive in the midwest? (1)
- Azerbaijan: Agropark to be created in Khizi district (2)
- Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day (5)
- Crisis at PlantLab; three board members resign (2)
- Doef's Greenhouses : a streamlined family business that embraces innovation (2)
- Creating a sustainable farm of the future for strawberry production (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Why a Leamington greenhouse is investing $200M in Ohio
- Cooling of greenhouse floor leads to improved plant activity
- Free Haifa webinar today: 'Optimizing growth by anion supply"
- Spain: Almeria exceeds 43,000 hectares of greenhouse crops
- The Dutch roots of Brazilian horticulture region Holambra
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Doef's Greenhouses : a streamlined family business that embraces innovation
- Japan: Biggest indoor farm is 100 times more productive than conventional agriculture
- Clipping 5 hectares of cucumbers with 3 people at 1600 plants/hour
- US: Nature Fresh Farms plans 175-acre greenhouse in Delta, Ohio
- Application of LED technology in horticulture is only expected grow
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: New eggplant Rijk Zwaan named Rosheen RZ
The eggplant variety that was known as 10-121 RZ is now called Rosheen RZ. With Rosheen RZ, Rijk Zwaan broadens its range. This season, Rosheen RZ is cultivated on 2.5 hectares at Maatschap Moerenhout Van Gool in Oosteind. The name 'Rosheen "is the name of the daughter of company manager Richard Ten Brink.
Richard Ten Brink of Mts Moerenhout-van Gool with his daughter Rosheen among the plants named after her.
"They have made the transition from Beyoncé," says Rudy van den Berg, Crop Advisor with Rijk Zwaan Netherlands. "In terms of fruit speed they are comparable varieties. Rosheen is labour-friendly and gives a high yield. The small leaves provide an open crop, and that makes this eggplant attractive to growers. Fewer plants means less fuel costs."
Rijk Zwaan uses the next season to further test the variety.
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
F +31 174 532 163
Publication date: 12/17/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.