Job offersmore »
- Grower Specialty Peppers - Almeria, Spain
- Research Scientist, Ornamental Breeding - Canada (ON)
- Marketingassistent - The Netherlands
- Sales Representative (M/F) - Northern England
- Technical / New-Business-Development-Manager - UK, Netherlands, Belgium
- Growing Supervisor - Australia
- Group Controller - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager - UK
- Business Director Northern and Western Europe - The Netherlands
- Farmmanager Production Youngplants - Portugal
Last commentsmore »
- Turkey: Smart greenhouses grow produce without human intervention (2)
- Dutch company provide jobs in Ethiopian flower industry (4)
- Duijvestijn Tomatoes awarded world's best tomato grower (1)
- Canada: New loans and grants will help greenhouses access cheaper energy (99)
- US: Greenhouse Vegetable Consultants adds new consultant to its team (1)
- India; Farmer sets an example through drip irrigation (1)
- Photo report: HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour 2015 (1)
- Vertical farming: A hot new area for investors (1)
- US: Arborjet's 2015 "Taking Root" College Scholarship Program now accepting applications (1)
- W.Martens plants new crop in upgraded and expanded Beamsville greenhouses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (NJ): Groundbreaking for Aerofarms' new corporate headquarters and world's largest indoor vertical farm
- Photo Report Cultivate '15
- Greece closes banks, greenhouse growers can't order new seeds, supplies
- Putin takes a break with his massive greenhouse plans?
- Philips opens new GrowWise City Farming research center
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: New eggplant Rijk Zwaan named Rosheen RZ
The eggplant variety that was known as 10-121 RZ is now called Rosheen RZ. With Rosheen RZ, Rijk Zwaan broadens its range. This season, Rosheen RZ is cultivated on 2.5 hectares at Maatschap Moerenhout Van Gool in Oosteind. The name 'Rosheen "is the name of the daughter of company manager Richard Ten Brink.
Richard Ten Brink of Mts Moerenhout-van Gool with his daughter Rosheen among the plants named after her.
"They have made the transition from Beyoncé," says Rudy van den Berg, Crop Advisor with Rijk Zwaan Netherlands. "In terms of fruit speed they are comparable varieties. Rosheen is labour-friendly and gives a high yield. The small leaves provide an open crop, and that makes this eggplant attractive to growers. Fewer plants means less fuel costs."
Rijk Zwaan uses the next season to further test the variety.
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
F +31 174 532 163
Publication date: 12/17/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.