Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Local grocers carry produce from new greenhouse tomato growerLocal grocers are stocking up on some local produce, with a number of stores in the area now carrying beefsteak tomatoes from Graham’s Farm Market in Minden.
Shannon Blanchard and Andrew Graham are in their second year of production with a greenhouse on the farm property just off Bobcaygeon Road.
The 5,200-square-foot greenhouse is home to 1,200 tomato plants.
“HCDC [the Haliburton County Development Corporation] has been a huge help in this,” Graham notes, explaining grants from HCDC were used to help pay for aspects such as ventilation and irrigation systems.
The list of area grocery stores carrying beefsteak tomatoes from Graham’s has blossomed to half a dozen this season, with tomatoes available at Dollo’s Foodland, the grocery section at Robinson’s General Store in Dorset, the West Guilford Shopping Centre, McFadden’s Meat Market in Haliburton Village and the Foodland in Coboconk.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: