Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: GrowSave expands into soft fruit sector
GrowSave is going to expand the existing programme that it currently provides for Protected Edibles and Protected Ornamentals to incorporate Soft Fruit. The Soft Fruit sector’s first real exposure to GrowSave was the Fruit Focus event on 25 July where they shared a stand with AHDB. This event is one of the main shows for the Soft Fruit industry and there was a steady stream of people throughout the day.
Over the next 12 months, GrowSave will be releasing some sector-specific content, as well as updating previous editions of Technical Updates to cater to the new audience. There will also be a Soft Fruit focused training workshop towards the end of this year.
GrowSave has already had some involvement with the Soft Fruit sector, having organised a study tour to Belgium and the Netherlands in early 2017, and they hope to build on the relationships developed.
The GrowSave Project is delivered by FEC Energy on behalf of the AHDB Horticulture— a levy-funded organisation that serves the commercial horticultural industry in England, Scotland and Wales. The objectives of GrowSave are to give growers access to the latest energy saving information and to demonstrate how energy saving techniques work in practice on commercial nurseries.
For more information:
C/O FEC Energy
C/O FEC Energy
Publication date: 8/10/2018