Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Ontario celebrates Farmers' Market WeekOntario farmers' markets provide an opportunity to taste and enjoy the delicious food grown in Ontario, during Farmers' Market Week, August 12-19.
"The month of August is the height of the growing season in Ontario and farmers' markets are packed full of local bounty," says Farmers' Markets Ontario Executive Director, Catherine Clark. "Farmers' Markets Ontario represents more than 180 farmers' markets across the province, offering consumers direct access to local fresh foods, at the peak of their freshness and flavour. It also puts them in touch with the hard-working farmers who produce the food."
"Farmers' markets in Ontario not only bring city people and country people together, they bring neighbours together and foster a sense of community," adds Clark. "Shoppers are choosing farmers' markets for nature's best produce, secure in the knowledge that the food is fresh, safe to eat and the next best thing to harvesting it themselves." If you haven't already been to one, visit your local farmers' market this week and see what all the excitement is about.
For more information:
Farmers' Markets Ontario
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: