Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Singapore gets largest indoor farm at 20,000 m2
With investment and support from one of the most technologically-advanced indoor vertical farming companies, Sanan Sino-Sciences Photobiotech (SananBio), Singapore’s VertiVegies is building a 20,000 m2 indoor vertical plant factory in the Lim Chu Kang area.
“After years of intensive research in this upcoming disruptive sector, we are pleased to enter the Singapore market with our local partner, VertiVegies. Singapore’s unique situation where there is limited land availability makes the deployment of high-technology farming very important, and we are excited to provide effective solutions through our technology for Singapore and the region, to facilitate necessary steps towards food security,” said Zhan Zhuo, CEO of SananBio.
The new indoor vertical plant factory will produce many varieties of fresh and sustainable vegetables to supply the country, which includes leafy greens, microgreens, herbs and fruits.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: