Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Urban Farming in Southeast Asia
With more and more mouths to feed in densely built-up areas, urban farming is a solution for nearby production of fresh and healthy foods. Singapore is a front runner. In the past two years the number of indoor farms has more than quadrupled to 26.
During the Horti Asia, coming up later this month in Bangkok, this is one of the topics at the conference. This session aims to generate insights in how these farms select technologies and propagation materials, the way they go about business management and indoor growing challenges, as well as in the sustainability aspect of indoor & urban farming in the city of Singapore. The session will be on 23 August at AMBER 1 from 10:30-12:00 hrs.)
Also during the Horti Asia, the Holland Seminar will be organized. “Horticulture Innovation for Food Security and Climate Change; Experiences from The Netherlands” - A half day afternoon session organized by the Embassy of the Netherlands in Bangkok will be held on 23 August 2018 at AMBER 1 from 13:30-16:30 hrs.
The speakers from this session are: Dr. Simon Jan de Hoop, Dr. Anne Elings, Mr. Thomas Ruiter, and Mr. Tark Bartlema. Dr. Lop Phavaphutanon will be the moderator.
The upcoming edition, from August 22-24, takes place at EH98, BITEC, Bangkok, Thailand, the regional trade show hub. Innovations from Dutch companies are warmly welcomed by Conference Partners like the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
For more information:
Publication date: 8/9/2018
Other news in this sector: