Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hottest UK chilli pepper feels the heat
British-grown chilli peppers classified as the world's spiciest will feel even hotter this year thanks to the country's scorching summer heatwave, experts have said.
The Carolina Reaper pepper, which is native to Rock Hill in South Carolina, is 400 times fiercer than a Jalapeno and has an average score of more than 1.5 million on the Scoville scale.
The variety is only grown by one British farmer in the UK at a farm in Bedfordshire - and he says the peppers will be even more potent after a record-smashing summer where temperatures have consistently soared past 30C.
The tiny red chilli peppers are said to have a score of 2.2 million this year thanks to the hot weather.
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: