Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OK): Beggs couple pioneers in aquaponic farmingBob and Debbie Rider grew up working in their family's garden.
They've always had one of their own too in Beggs on their 40 acres.
Ten years ago, their youngest son came home from high school excited about a new way to farm is called aquaponics.
That day, Bob Rider, made his son a deal.
"If you'll put this greenhouse up and you'll work it and you'll bring me a tomato in January and it tastes like we just took it out of the garden," Bob Rider said.
Thousands of tomatoes and dozens of other kinds of vegetables later, the riders say aquaponics is the future for farming, and a lot less work.
Publication date: 8/8/2018
Other news in this sector: