Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Brandt opens production facility in San Joaquin Valley
Brandt has opened a 42,000 square foot production facility for specialty formulations products in Visalia, CA. The new location will expand production capabilities, serve as another hub for formulation development and testing, and house Brandt Hydrology water quality analysis.
The Visalia plant is Brandt’s second manufacturing location in CA. The company also operates a 250,000 square foot facility in Fresno, CA. The Visalia location boasts many new manufacturing technologies, such as bar code inventory tracking with real time reporting, bulk storage with direct truck load-outs and scale capabilities. The new systems and processes will allow for faster production and customer order filling. The facility also has a 75kw solar panel system that will supply more energy than the facility will use.
Some of the laboratory features in Visalia include an ICP-OES machine and Nitrogen Analyzer, which allow Brandt to do full fertilizer analysis and heavy metal screening. It also includes a high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) machine, which analyzes the presence and concentration of plant growth regulators and bio-stimulants as well as sugar derivatives, organic acids and chelates. An incubator is also on hand for microbiology screening.
The Visalia manufacturing facility is one of seven that the company operates, including Pleasant Plains, IL, Avon Park, FL, Fresno, CA, Logan, UT, Carmona, Spain and Londrina, Brazil.
For more information:
Publication date: 7/19/2018
Other news in this sector: