Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NM): Doņa Ana County to claw back money from greenhouseDoņa Ana County officials on Tuesday OK'd a plan to take back $170,000 in public incentive money issued to a Mesilla Park greenhouse company that didn't fully deliver on its pledge to create new jobs.
Commissioners voted to OK a settlement agreement with New Mexico Greenhouse Holdings II, a Colorado limited-liability company that had launched a greenhouse operation at the former Aldershot Nursery in Mesilla Park in 2015.
In February 2016, the state issued a $250,000 economic development grant to the company in return for a pledge to create an average of 120 new full-time jobs within four years. The state channels such dollars, awarded through what's known as the Local Economic Development Act, to the county, which in turn awards the money to companies.
LEDA is viewed as New Mexico's version of a closing fund, meant to spur economic growth.
An apparent curtailment of the greenhouse company's operations in early June at its property just south of the Las Cruces city limits sparked concern among county and state officials. Furthering that concern were demolition activities involving the company's numerous greenhouses and an advertised July 14 public auction of much of the company's mechanical equipment. The greenhouses and the equipment were collateral in the company's contract with the state and county, according to court records.
Publication date: 7/13/2018
Other news in this sector: