Lambert Peat Moss Company offers commercial growers a new wood fiber option with its EcoPeat product and complete line of EcoPeat Mixes (EPM).
“We’ve been utilizing the many benefits of EcoPeat for years, and as pioneers in this field, we are pleased to evolve the use of this powerful ingredient,” explains Gabe Lambert, president. “We offer a stand-alone product with our EcoPeat, as well as a complete line of ready-to-use mixes in our EPM line.”
EcoPeat is specially processed from the wood of trees that have been buried in peat bogs for centuries and probably even millennia. It is thought to come from ancient conifers, mostly pines, which occupied the forests of northern Québec and still do today.
Having been buried under the surface for so long and exposed to freezing and thawing as well as aerobic and anaerobic conditions over the centuries results in an ingredient that is extremely stable. Any physical breakdown took place long ago. Unlike bark, EcoPeat retains its physical structure for many months in a container. It won’t shrink, and remains intact.
EcoPeat's pH is similar to sphagnum peat, so lime rates in the media don’t require significant adjustment. It provides a balance of air space and moisture holding capacity, with superior longevity without shrinkage. EcoPeat also prolongs the longevity of both peat bogs and the environment.
Lambert offers the following line of EPM/EcoPeat Mixes:
- EPM-20 All Purpose Mix – (Canadian sphagnum peat moss, EcoPeat, perlite. Ideal general-purpose mix/great for perennials)
- EPM-25 Organic All Purpose Mix – (Canadian sphagnum peat moss, EcoPeat, perlite. OMRI Listed for organic production)
- EPM-30 All Purpose Mix – (Canadian sphagnum peat moss, EcoPeat, perlite. Ideal for plants that require high drainage)
- EPM-40 High Porosity Mix – (Canadian sphagnum peat moss, EcoPeat; perlite-free! Ideal for large containers, perennials & nursery crops)
- EPM-50 High Porosity Mix – (Canadian sphagnum peat moss, EcoPeat, perlite. Highest drainage and porosity)
For more information:Lambert Peat Moss