- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
August 16-17, Perth
Australia: WA Horticulture Update to highlight new industry trends
Registrations are open for the event, hosted by the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development on 16 and 17 August at Crown Convention Centre, Perth.
Department Research, Development and Innovation managing director Mark Sweetingham said the update would help strengthen partnerships and collaboration at all levels of the supply chain.
“Keynote speaker and event MC, Tristan Kitchener of Kitchener Partners - a strong advocate for supply chain members working together to understand and meet the needs of consumers - will speak on the shifting retail landscape,” Dr Sweetingham said.
“Sessions to be covered include growing demand for benchmarking and range of financial information required to successfully run a business.
“Trends in the horticulture industry will be demonstrated by growers who have implemented innovative practices on-farm and in the production process.
“A session on collaborative export for horticulture enterprises by agribusiness consultant Dr David McKinna will highlight better opportunities for growers, while representatives of the strawberry, cauliflower and honey industries will discuss value adding in their businesses.”
Market City privatisation and what it means for the horticulture value chain in WA will be outlined by Perth Markets Limited chief executive officer Stephen Ward.
Tastings of Western Australian wines from Wines of WA and a networking session to consolidate learnings will end day one of the event.
The second day of the update will focus on the human health benefits of horticultural foods.
Dr Sweetingham said University of Western Australia researchers would outline how apples keep the doctor away and citrus issues would be discussed by Shane Kay, who would share Moora Citrus’ export experience, and Derrick Thompson of Hitachi Australia, who would highlight the importance of data for the horticulture industry.
The 2018 WA Horticulture Update is supported by vegetablesWA, Pomewest, WA Citrus, the Agricultural Produce Commission, Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia and Wines of WA.
The event is sponsored by Perth Markets Ltd, C-Wise, Bankwest, United Crates, Loscam, Live Lighter and Market West.
More information is available on the department website at agric.wa.gov.au. Register to attend at eventbrite.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 FPAA to hold first ever women’s leadership invitational
- 09/19/2018 US (IN): How agriculture technologies can be scaled up to save lives
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/18/2018 It's all about sustainable urban planning at IPM Dubai 2018
- 09/17/2018 UK: Brassicas and Leafy Salads Conference
- 09/17/2018 Summer School Greenhouse Horticulture #SSGH18
- 09/17/2018 Higher than expected turnout at Rijk Zwaan open day
- 09/17/2018 UK: Growing media developments in soft fruit propagation
- 09/17/2018 ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- 09/14/2018 Wanted: Future proof vegetable producers
- 09/13/2018 Artificial intelligence & automation highlighted at the 2018 CGC
- 09/13/2018 US: 2018 Virginia Smart Farming Conference postponed
- 09/13/2018 UK: David Domoney opens 2018 CIH Conference
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Indoor Ag-Con pops up in Brooklyn
- 09/13/2018 US (NY): Sustainability symposium to focus on biological products
- 09/13/2018 Flemish Minister completes internship at Antwerp tomato company
- 09/12/2018 The newest technology in lighting your commercial grow
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
- 09/11/2018 US: Semi trucks carrying fruit overturn, in Oklahoma and California
- 09/10/2018 "How does LED technology benefit a growing business?"