Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MI): Container farm seeking Ann Arbor restaurantsCrop Spot Farms is essentially a two-acre farm retrofitted inside a 320-square foot container that was previously used for transporting meats, fruits and vegetables.
The recycled container now shares space with vehicles in the parking lot of Michigan Innovation Headquarters on 600 Wagner Rd.
Inside the farm are rows of leafy greens -- lettuce, arugula, Swiss chard, kale and herbs.
After graduating from the University of Michigan in 2015, founder and lead farmer Nabeel Kasim picked up an interest in hydroponics during a trip to a remote village in Cambodia, where he encountered a family using a soil-free farming technique.
Kasim hopes Crop Spot Farms will foster engagement and educational opportunities with Ann Arbor restaurants, schools and the community.
"I want to help people realize the value of healthy, good-tasting food," Kasim said. "It's all about giving back to the community and make people aware of locally-sourced, environmentally-friendly food. I also hope to supply local restaurants so they can have at-scale, quality produce year-round."
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Other news in this sector: