Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hong Kong: Residue in prepackaged British CucumberThe Centre for Food Safety (CFS) of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department on July 5 announced that a pre-packaged cucumber sample was found to have pesticide residues at a level exceeding the legal limit. The CFS is following up on the case.
Details of the product:
Product: British Cucumber
Place of origin: United Kingdom
Distributor: Marks and Spencer (Asia Pacific) Limited
Best-before date: June 17, 2018
A CFS spokesman said, "The CFS collected the cucumber sample from a supermarket in Tsing Yi for testing under its routine Food Surveillance Programme. The test result showed that the sample contained pymetrozine at a level of 0.5 parts per million, exceeding the maximum residue limit of 0.1 ppm.”
"The CFS has informed the vendor concerned of the irregularity and is tracing the source of the affected product. Based on the level of pesticide residue detected in the sample, adverse health effects would not be caused under usual consumption."
According to 7thspace.com, the CFS will alert the trade to the incident and continue to follow up. Investigation is ongoing.
Publication date: 7/9/2018
Other news in this sector: