Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Tomato-throwing yobs injure Southend bus driverA number of Arriva buses in Southend were targeted along the number One and Seven routes on Thursday evening by unknown people throwing tomatoes at the drivers. During the incidents two drivers were pelted while driving. One driver was injured during the attacks, fortunately no passengers were hit.
The first driver was hit at the Queensway roundabout, and the second at White Gate Road, both on Thursday evening. Arriva is taking the incidents seriously and is gathering information and searching through CCTV footage. The bus firm was able to maintain services as fortunately nobody was seriously hurt and the experienced drivers were able to maintain control of the buses during the attacks.
Southendstandard.co.uk reported on Tony Cox, a former councillor for transport, who said he was aware of reports and condemned those responsible because, while some may think it funny, pelting buses with items and striking drivers, it risks the buses or other vehicles crashing.
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Other news in this sector: