Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Startup cultivates high-quality plants through aquaponic system
Sustainable microgreens in the heart of ZurichStart-up company Umami can now be found in the heart of Zurich. This organic farm is run by three young entrepreneurs and is fully specialized in producing microgreens through a sustainable aquaponic system. The products produced there are already being offered to regional gastronomy through local wholesalers.
Sustainability and reuse
For a while now, fish, shrimps, mushrooms and plants have all been thriving together in a watery oasis nobody would ever expect to find in the heart of the city of Zurich. Under the motto 'Nothing works more efficiently than nature', the three independent breeders Manuel, Denis and Robin leave all their work to Mother Nature, optimizing the use of resources and energy.
The cycle schematically
The company's products are cultivated without the use of pollutants and in a 100% environmentally friendly way. During growing, only natural and sustainable materials are used. The packaging of these microgreens is compostable as well. Vegetarian organic fish food is used and supplemented with insects and worms, bred by themselves.
Rarity in the market
The microgreens from the Zurich ecosystem are plant shoots from vegetable and herb seeds and are among the world's most aromatic herbs, according to top restaurateurs. They enable high-quality culinary experiments and are simply a rarity on the market. That is the reason why interest from among top Swiss chefs has been enormous.
For more information:
+41 (0)79 575 87 13
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Other news in this sector: