Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NY): Salad bar harvests lunch before your eyesWhen Le Cordon Bleu-educated cook Liz Vaknin worked in some of Manhattan’s most prestigious restaurant kitchens several years ago, she often had to fish inside a container of small green leaves and stems to garnish elaborate dishes.
Little did she know that the tiny shoots, also known as microgreens, would one day change her life.
In early June, Vaknin and her business partner Shelley Golan, both Israeli-American New Yorkers who crossed paths studying at the IDC Herzliya some 10 years ago, opened the first ever microgreen salad bar in the United States. It takes the trendy “farm to table” concept to a whole new level.
At Harvest2Order, the microgreens used in each salad are harvested on the spot, right in front of the customer’s eyes.
“It’s an experience, it’s not just getting the salad,” Vaknin says. “We brought the farm to the table. There is no bridging the gap anymore — this is the future of fast casual food. It’s the future of dining.”
Publication date: 7/11/2018
Other news in this sector: