Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Life cycle analysis in vertical farming
Sustainability is at the heart of vertical farming. It is therefore crucial that vertical farmers are able to validate sustainability claims to third parties, but also to push themselves to further improve sustainability performance across the board. Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) is the global standard by which sustainability can be measured.
It is for this reason that the AVF has asked students of the Wageningen University (Netherlands) to develop a LCA framework for Vertical Farming.
Additional to the framework they have also developed the first version of a software tool. The tool can be used by producers to measure and improve their own performance concerning energy efficiency and carbon footprint. The tool should be as user-friendly as possible, using data that is already available. It is developed in a way that gives producers full control and ownership of their data. By sharing data anonymously, producers can subsequently help the AVF to convince policymakers and other stakeholders to acknowledge the benefits of vertical farming and give further support.
You are invited to follow the live webstream of the research presentation on Thursday, July 5, 13:30 – 14:30 CET, through this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xV_1aZQlpk
Publication date: 7/6/2018
Other news in this sector: