- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (TX): Aiming for a vertical revolution in farming
The brothers had rented a bounce house and brought it to an orphanage in their home country. They were handing out candy to children and they noticed that one little boy kept coming back for candy, but instead of eating it, he would stuff it in his pockets.
One of the brothers asked the little boy why he wasn't eating the sweets immediately. "He said, 'It's not my day to eat,'" Booyens said, relating the tale. "And he explained to Jacques and Eugene that it was his 3-year-old sister's day to eat. So while he was ... at the jumping castle, having fun, he was going to take that candy back to the rural village to feed his sister."
Believing that no one should go hungry, the brothers were inspired to come up with a way of producing nutrient-rich food that was quickly accessible to everyone. They spent at least eight years developing a vertical-farm technology.
Read more at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Rodger Mallison)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 US (CT): 38-year industry veteran on transition to MMJ
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-16 "Together you can translate innovation into an effective solution"
- 2018-11-15 US (CA): Making the shift from combat to crops
- 2018-11-15 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-15 "We know a lot more than we did a year ago, but for every answer we find there's three more questions popping up"
- 2018-11-14 Technological greenhouses: the winter tomato harvesting has started
- 2018-11-14 US (AZ): Copperstate Farms decreases cannabis crop cycle by 15%
- 2018-11-13 "I am not a die-hard entrepreneur, my passion is working with cucumbers"
- 2018-11-13 US (VT): Hydroponics business doubles growth in a year
- 2018-11-13 Colombian journalists discover Dutch horticulture
- 2018-11-12 CAN (ON): Organic farmer uses portable greenhouses to extend growing season
- 2018-11-12 New Zealand: Asparagus grower branches into strawberries to shore up staff
- 2018-11-08 “High-tech farming allows our Vietnamese red chili to be competitive”
- 2018-11-07 South Africa: Strawberry grower wins Prestige Agri Award
- 2018-11-07 US (MI): Indoor farm looks to grow food, create jobs, and feed the hungry
- 2018-11-06 "I will keep telling the story of horticulture, a hundred times a day"
- 2018-11-05 Spain: Two people arrested for fraud on horticultural trader
- 2018-11-05 US (CA): Farmer hopes marijuana revenue will buoy business
- 2018-11-05 US (TX): Uvalde AgriLife center donates hydroponic Asian vegetables to nutrition center