Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fresh produce for both patients and the community
US: Boston Medical Center’s rooftop farm
Boston Medical Center is going green. The building has a rooftop farm, supplying fresh fruits and vegetables to patients and the community. This is the first rooftop farm associated with a hospital in New England.
‘Farm’ manager Lindsay Allen: “BMC for a long time has had a mission that food is medicine. We grow for our on-site food pantry. We grow for our kitchen, which either goes to the cafeteria or onto the patient’s plate, and today we’re launching our first-ever farmers market inside the hospital, which will be for patients and for employees.”
Once the food is harvested, all they have to do is bring it across the street. The farm also harvests bees in hives that were painted by pediatric patients. The new addition helps educate patients and offers many opportunities and events for volunteers and children.
Publication date: 7/2/2018
Other news in this sector: