Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cucumber price drops 40% in one week
China: Beijng vegetable prices are coming down
Liu Tong of Xinfadi Market Data Department stated that vegetable prices have dropped recently, which is part of the normal seasonal price adjustment.
Every year between the end of Chinese New Year and the end of June vegetable prices decrease in a regular, seasonal trend. This year, however, vegetable production suffered from a cold spell and rainy weather, which decreased production volume, and led to higher prices. Vegetable prices have therefore been higher than last year during the same period, despite the seasonal price decrease. Vegetable prices are now finally falling, and this is most obvious for cucumbers. The wholesale price of cucumbers in Xinfadi Market is currently 0.5-1 yuan [0.08-0.16 USD] per 0.5 kg, which is a price decrease of 40% in comparison with last week.
Source: Beijing Evening News
Publication date: 6/14/2018
Other news in this sector: