Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Liberia gets aquaponics unit from UNMIL, FFDCA white perforated structure, made from nylon or rubber-net, measuring 13 meters in width and 26 meters in length.
Its floor, 1.3 meters above ground level, is of corrugated concrete built from more than three hundred bags of cement, according to an official of one of the organizations that sponsored the construction.
Two water basins, made from cement, containing white ‘nursery beds’ for plants, stretch along with the length of the white ‘farm’. The total number of nursery beds is 64.
The nursery beds, each with a small black plastic cup with a sprouting plant, sit over water pumped from a black 1,500-gallon tank in the ‘control room’ attached to the ‘farm’.
During a tour of the ‘farm’, two wooden tables, painted white, were stationed opposite the entrance of the facility. Both tables contained a total of 1,848 smaller black cups containing food for the fish, to be hand-sprayed onto the water below the white nursery beds.
Construction of this aquaponics unit was done by the United Nations Mission in Liberia, working through the Faimaba Fisheries Development Cooperatives, a private Liberian organization, as one of two UNMIL’s implementing partners in the Liberian fishery sector.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Other news in this sector: