Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (MO): Students grow herbs and lettuce for peersSmelling like cilantro is normal for Missouri State University seniors Rachel Veenstra and Jennifer Rice.
“I’ve been in class before and people are trying to figure out why it smells like plants,” Veenstra said. “That gives me an opportunity to tell them about what I do.”
The students, both environmental plant science majors in Darr College of Agriculture, make up the Chartwells Green Team. They grow herbs and lettuce for the dining halls on MSU’s campus.
The Green Team was created to promote sustainability at Missouri State. It started with hydroponic grow towers inside the dining halls.
After receiving a student sustainability grant, the project expanded into a grow room in the basement of Kentwood Hall. The room used to be a utility closet.
With the expansion, the Green Team took hydroponic production to the next level.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Other news in this sector: