Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: Greenhouse production boosts economic development
80% of the population in Aksaray, a city located in the center of Turkey, earns their living through agriculture and animal breeding. One of the most recent developments in the city has been the rapid increase in greenhouse production.
Almost 70% of greenhouse costs were covered by public funds, thus the growers can commence greenhouse production with small investments.
Aksaray City Food, Agriculture and Animal Breeding Director Bulent Saklav: “There are 13 greenhouse projects right now in Aksaray. Only 30% of the greenhouse investment costs were from our growers’ own pockets, the rest is funded by the state programs. Our goal is to develop and increase greenhouse production in the city and to bring the most advanced technologies into our growers’ greenhouses. These greenhouses cost around 150,000 USD.”
Chamber of Agriculture Chairman Emin Kocak: “Adana and Antalya are the main greenhouse production areas in Turkey, but as you can see, we can also have greenhouse production in Aksaray. The state and government are supporting the investments in this field. This contributes a great deal to the rural development of the area.”
Publication date: 6/14/2018
Other news in this sector: