Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Farm celebrates the roots of a family legacyKeeping things fresh is what the Overgaag family and their farm, Hollandia Produce, know a thing or two about. They have been growing produce in greenhouses for people to enjoy since 1927 and are still coming up with new ideas to keep things fresh! The family actually raised greenhouse vegetables in Holland first, then moved to the Central Coast of California to continue their family farming tradition.
Today, it's Pete Overgaag who sees to all of their lettuce and leafy green products, which are produced hydroponically in their greenhouses in enclosed and protected growing areas. Additionally, in their state-of-the-art greenhouses they control light, temperature, humidity and nutrients. By controlling these factors, they can increase yields, shorten crop times and produce a uniquely uniform, high-quality product on a year-round basis.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Other news in this sector: