Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: Geothermal greenhouses are being set up in Kirsehir
Kirsehir, a moderately small city in the center of Turkey, has significant potential in geothermal resources, however, so far it has been unable to utilize this potential. Geothermal energy is used in agricultural production in Turkey where greenhouses are heated through geothermal energy, and the products grown in these greenhouses contribute significantly to the local economy.
Now there are attempts by Ahi Evran University in Kirsehir to set up greenhouses with geothermal heating on an area of 5 million square feet. An entrepreneur from the Turkish city of Afyon, where greenhouses with geothermal systems are most common, is working together with the university to set up these greenhouses.
These greenhouses will be supervised by the university itself and will be allocated to local entrepreneurs. Greenhouses will also be used as a laboratory by the university to research products and varieties. The goal is to have vegetable production year-round and generate significant income for the city. Another important benefit of the project is the jobs it will create in the city.
Source: Kirsehir Haberturk
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Other news in this sector: