Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
St. Lucia: Growers learn about greenhouse tomato cultivationFarmers of Region Seven in Saint Lucia who are currently enrolled in farmer field school were instructed on the various techniques being used in the production of cherry tomatoes.
The farmers visited the Union Agricultural Station where four different varieties of cherry tomatoes are currently being grown using greenhouse technology. The plot was used to demonstrate to farmers the best husbandry practices that could be used to obtain a successful crop.
“We have four different varieties but we know that with greenhouses, farmers cannot always plant the same things. There needs to be rotation. This time we used isolated systems to plant the cherry tomatoes. They were not planted in the soil but in compost, so each time farmers are finished with one live crop, they can continue to produce tomatoes in the greenhouse,” said Mario Shen, Head of the Taiwan Technical Mission in Saint Lucia.
Publication date: 6/8/2018
Other news in this sector: