Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
60% more food with 20% of the land
Only one more day and the Greentech exhibition will kick off, offering innovative solutions in the field of horti and floricultural technology. One of them is Munters, a well-known brand in Italy currently expanding their products globally and making a debut on the GreenTech.
What is your contribution to the advancement of the global horticulture industry?
At Munters, we are expert in climate control solution, because Climate is what we do. You cannot leverage the climate outside, but by controlling the climate within a closed environment you can create, and consistently maintain, the optimal conditions for growth. At Munters, we refer to it as “Your Perfect Climate”.
What will you be doing at the GreenTech? Will you present any novelties during the trade show?
We believe in sharing knowledge with our customers, partners and greenhouse builders, that’ why we are introducing the Munters Greenhouse Academy at GreenTech, the horticulture event in Amsterdam on June 12th, 13th, 14th 2018.
At our booth 08.117, we will host educational seminars about:
CELdek®, the Original Cooling pad since 1956:
• How to utilize it correctly
• Maintenance and cleaning
• Benchmark: why Munters is different and the leader in cooling pad technology
• Different needs, different model: all you need to know
Air Stratification and Humidity issue:
• Possible scenarios and low investments VS low running cost scenario
• New products: air blowers
• Munters Drive
• EM50 upgrade
What project that you’re currently involved in are you most proud of?
Munters is a global leader in energy efficient air treatment and climate solutions. Using innovative technologies, Munters creates the Perfect Climate for customers in a wide range of industries, the largest being the food, pharmaceutical and data center sectors. Munters has been defining the future of air treatment since 1955.
Today, around 3,900 employees carry out 17 manufacturing plants, 6 assembly and logistics hubs and 55 sales and service centers in more than 30 countries. Munters reports annual net sales in the region of SEK 7 billion and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
“Climate is what we are, what we think about and what keeps us going. We have a long tradition of offering solutions to make our customers more ef¬ficient. One in seven meals served on this planet is facilitated by Munters equipment. One ¬fifth of all electricity produced every day is cleaned with Munters equipment. We reduce the energy needed for cooling a data center by 65 percent on average, compared to traditional cooling solutions. We take a lot of pride in doing this.” John-Peter Leesi, CEO
To deliver our promise of “The Perfect Climate”, Munters operates in four business areas: air treatment, data centers, aghort and mist elimination.
How do you see the future of horticulture?
The biggest challenge agriculture is facing is that the population of the world is growing but there is no more land to plow. By the year 2050 we need to produce 60% more food. But there is only land available to produce 20% of that need. The other 80% needs to come from being more efficient and sustainable. That is our challenge: to be able to produce so much more food.
We are aware of the challenges faced in the greenhouse industry and how climate affects plant growth. For instance in extreme conditions the excessive relative humidity can give rise to water droplets forming on the leaves which can harbor and spread disease or fungi, while the excessive heat will shrivel fruits and stop growth. Some other times the conditions outside a greenhouse impact the natural ventilation process negatively. The key to sustained quality, quantity and profitability lies in awareness of these conditions and their impact, and maintaining control of them.
Munters is to exhibit at booth 08.117 the GreenTech exhibition June 12-13-14 in Amsterdam. The GreenTech summit will take place June 11th.
For more information on the GreenTech exhibition and the GreenTech Summit, check out www.greentech.nl.
Publication date: 6/11/2018
Other news in this sector: