Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (VA): Neighborhood greenhouse delivers farm-to-front doorThe Neighborhood Harvest, a greenhouse farming operation, is taking the farm-to-market concept one step further and going farm-to-front door.
Ever since SmartBasil Farms opened in Suffolk in 2012, the company has seen steady growth. In 2015, The Neighborhood Harvest, the home delivery service of herbs, greens and lettuce, was launched.
Most recently, the company added administrative offices and a packing center at Suffolk Industrial Park due to a growing customer base and additional delivery routes.
“We started with a focus group of 20 in Virginia Beach,” said company President Thomas Vandiver. “We now have 43 employees who farm, harvest, market and deliver to more than 3,000 customers.”
Publication date: 6/6/2018
Other news in this sector: