Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: Greenhouse support programs in Manisa
The municipality of Manisa, a city located in western Turkey, continues its support programs to growers to improve greenhouse production. One of the main targets of these support programs is families with low income to improve their financial situation.
The project has been put in place in 2016 and the results of the project started to bear fruit. As a part of the project 100 greenhouses were set up in 2016 followed by the set up of another 120 greenhouses in 2017. These greenhouses were handed over to the local growers afterwards.
The audit and inspection of these 220 greenhouses took place in spring 2018 and with a few exceptions, all greenhouses were fully operational and filled with produce. 75 % of the cost of these greenhouses were covered by the municipality which hopes to boost the economic activity in the area through greenhouse production. Main products grown in these greenhouses are lettuce in winter and cucumber, tomato, pepper, green beans and strawberry starting from March.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Other news in this sector: